Independent learning times (itimes)
At Ormiston we aim to develop students who can take responsibility for their own learning. One of the ways we do this is to provide time within the timetable for students to work independently. Students are provided with guidance and structure to do this.
During this time students:
- Set specific goals to ensure focus.
- May choose where they work.
- May choose which subjects and tasks they will work on.
- Can access teacher support.
- Have Learning Guides for each subject to enable independent learning.
- May meet with their Learning Advisor.