We have a strong commitment to Maori and Pasifika culture at Ormiston Senior College.
- We have appointed Mr Elika Tutagalevao as our first Kai Arataki to lead this group
- Students gain support from their peers by being part of a Learning Advisor group with other Maori and Pasifika students
- Students meet each week to develop Whānaungatanga which is a sense of belonging in order to build positive working relationships with high expectations
- Fono and hui evenings are held each term to connect with families
- Our Kapa haka group performs at our powhiri and our Awards Ceremony and at inter-school events.
- Success and achievement are celebrated and we have introduced top Maori and Pasifika awards the Mana Maori and Toa Pasifika Awards
- Oceania Evening in Term 1 celebrating cultural performances in the school courtyard